CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Baptisms and Singing

So this weekend we went to Morgan to see my nephew Myles get baptised and receive the Holy Ghost. It was fun. I played the piano for two of my sisters and my sister-in-law Julie played the flute with us. They sang an arrangment of Jesus came to John the Bapitist.
When it came time for Myles to go under the water Kendall was unusually interested. She has seen others get baptized but this affected her differently. My brother Jared held Myles under longer than anyone I had seen before. Making sure that he was completely submerged.
Kendall decided that she didn't like that and maybe she wouldn't get baptized after all.

Then today I sang with my two sisters, Beckie and Merribeth, for my Sacrament Meeting.
We sang, "How Shall I Live". Despite me having a very horse voice and sore throat we did really well. It's funny when I sing with my sisters (not very often because I am usually playing for them) people will come up to me and be so surprised that I can sing or as a lady put it today, "Sara I didn't know you had talent". So I guess when I play for them I don't really have any talent, only if I sing with them. Anyway, it was fun to share our testimonies through song.
Now the kids are taking a late nap and I think I just might join them. There has been a lot of sleepless nights in the house lately with me being sick, Tucker waking up often and Sawyer waking up often. Got to love being a parent though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to tell us when you are doing fun things like singing in sacrement, I would love to come hear you. I've always known you were talented.

Sara and Justin said...

Thanks Kami. That's very kind of you to say. If you really want to be subjected to me singing or playing I will let you know in the future when we do such things.

Kristin said...

I think that lady needs to learn how to give a compliment. I wish I was half as talented as you are. Love ya.

Timothy Young said...

You might suggest Catholicism to Kendal- the sprinkling might seem a little less intimidating...