CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

More of the Green

When I went to pick up Kendall from preschool, she had so much to say. She had learned a lot about leprechauns. She kept saying that they were sneaky, and tricky and that we had to watch out for them. Every time I suggested going to find one she would freak out and get really scared. I think that they read some stories about them that made her very nervous.
I stopped at Lee's (the old Acres) and got some corned beef. I asked the meat manager if he had any Irish Bacon, he said, What? I then proceeded to give the history of why Irish Americans use corned beef instead of Irish Bacon and where the tradition came from. Also why they use cabbage. He was impressed. Justin would have been so proud. Any who, I made Corned Beef and sauteed cabbage (so yummy) and mashed potatoes and Soda bread (actually it wasn't really soda bread, I couldn't find any it was artisan bread)
Justin came home and was very excited to have such an ethnic meal. It was fun. Tucker wasn't very excited, the only thing he ate was the corn. Kendall ate everything. She is such a better eater now than she was. There is hope for Tucker. They had the left over green punch and cookies from Kendall's snack at preschool. It was fun.

2 comments:

10zfam said...

that sounds so fun. when i was in elementary the teachers would put leprachaun footprints all over too. we didn't get to do anything fun with dinner because i didn't get home from st.george until around 11:30pm

Kristin said...

I'm glad you had so much fun on St. Patty's day. We missed you in St. George. Love ya.