CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 22, 2008

President's Day, and Drains!

Justin and I, mostly me, decided on President's Day to take the kids and go down to the new IKEA store in south Salt Lake. It was fun for the most part. That store is HUGE! A lot of contemporary styles. All of the furniture, minus the sofas, you have to put together yourself. It's real wood and the same price as sauder furniture. So for that it's worth it. Justin was very impressed with the book cases, surprise there, and how affordable everything was. I wasn't real excited with the look of the sofas and such. I am more country in decorating, old looking things.
I did however like the wood furniture. They have a restaurant their. Very affordable and good looking food. We didn't wait in line to try it. We did, however, try the hot dogs, (50 cents each) and cinnamon rolls. We went through the entire store without buying anything, until the very end. After the check stands there is a little deli and Swedish goods store. Lots of yummy things to buy their.
After IKEA, we decided to take the kids to the gateway discovery place. It was fun, way overpriced (tree house museum much better and way cheaper) they had fun running around. I stayed pretty much in one place feeding the baby. That's alright.
Justin had never been to P. F. Chang's, so I suggested we go there and share some food. He ordered something and so did I and we shared it with the kids. They have yummy food their.
Fun Day until I decided to call home and check messages. Kelsey from downstairs had called and said that the shower drain was plugged and that water had gotten all over the carpet and was starting to smell. She said on the message that it had happened the night before. Duh, they didn't call until the next night. Would have been nice to know so that we could have cleaned it up.
We got home and had rescue rooter come over. The guy was a complete jerk. Oh my, was he a jerk. We soon discovered it wasn't just the shower drain but was the line under the basement floor that was clogged. He had me in tears thinking that we would have to dig up the floor and replace the entire line out to the sewer. Turns out he just wasn't really trying as hard as he could to get the line clear. He finally got through and after some rude comments from him about everything he went on his way.
The girls in the basement were so shocked about how he was treating me. Justin was mostly upstairs trying to get the kids bathed and to bed so he didn't get to hear the brunt of this jerk.
Anyway, last time we will call them. All is well now.

8 comments:

10zfam said...

sorry you had to deal with a jerk like that. sounds like you had a good time on my b-day/presidents day. i wish ryan would hav had it off of work so we could have gone somewhere fun.

Kristin said...

I really want to go to IKEA. Next time you have a drain problem, PLEASE call Scott. Sometimes he is able to help an if he can't get it, he has the name of a guy that is really nice and he won't charge you unless he gets your drain clear.

Sara and Justin said...

Thanks you guys, sorry I didn't call you on your birthday KariAnn. I did think of you a lot though. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Happy late Birthday.
I will call Scott next time. I didn't want to bother him so late. I didn't know if he would have access to stuff late at night.
Love you guys.

10zfam said...

Hey, I love your new template, where did you find it?

10zfam said...

lol, i just saw that your template says Pyzam so i guess i can assume you got it there

Sara and Justin said...

I got the idea from your cute template. I went to that website and found one I thought was cute. Thanks for the idea without intending to give me the idea.

Kristin said...

Cute template. I need to be more creative with mine.

10zfam said...

hey, i get stuff for my blog when i look at other people's blogs.